About Somerset Routes
Where in the world could you find a Bakelite coffin, the oldest manmade road in Britain, the largest collection of Naval aircraft in Europe or early Victorian prosthetic limbs?
You might be surprised to find out the answer is Somerset!
What is Somerset Routes?
For a county with a history as rich and diverse as its countryside, Somerset boasts an amazing number of museums and heritage attractions. Somerset Routes is a unique map and guide which highlights over 100 of the county's best heritage sites to visit.
Taking the form of a ‘tube map’, the county has been broken down into seven different lines to travel on, spread across the county and taking in the best sights and things to do. Each line takes you to the museums, historic railways, castles, gardens, stately homes and archaeological sites that make Somerset’s heritage unique.
How you can use this website
This website offers you the chance to explore the heritage of the county in many different ways.
- for a site based on the criteria of interest to you
- Explore the to find a site near you
- Get all the information you need to make your visit
- Find an near you
- Sign up for our monthly packed full of events, news and offers
- Upload your onto the website
- Download , , and more
- Watch seven giving you a taste of what each line has to offer
- Read the latest
- Get involved by , and to the counties many heritage charities
There are no upcoming events.